In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, this article is for some of the hardest-working teachers out there – music teachers! Thank you for enduring all the squeaks, scratchy bowings, loud trumpets, and forgotten mutes!
- “One more time!”
- “You would make a great bassoonist/alto clarinetist/other auxiliary instrumentalist nobody else wants to play!”
- “Rehearsal will only be two hours!”
- “Just because you’re in band doesn’t make you a band geek!”
- “Band camp is really fun!”
- “It’s not that fast!”
- “More piccolo!”
- “We won’t practice outside if it rains.”
If you are a music teacher, how many of these have you said (or what other small fibs do you tell your students)?