If you’re looking for new repertoire ideas to practice this summer, look no further!
Here’s how you can use your clarinet’s serial number to generate your next concerto:
- Locate the serial number on your clarinet.
- Add all the digits together.
- Take the sum from Step 2 and add the digits together until you have a single digit sum.
- Check the list below to see which piece corresponds to your single digit sum.
- Go practice!
If your serial number is 379125 you would add 3+7+9+1+2+5 to get 27. Add 2+7 to get 9.
Use your single digit sum to find your next piece to practice:
- Aaron Copland – Concerto
- Paul Hindemith – Concerto
- Artie Shaw – Concerto
- Carl Nielsen – Concerto, Op. 57
- Jean Francaix – Concerto
- Henri Tomasi – Concerto
- Julius Rietz – Concerto, Op. 29
- Malcolm Arnold – Concerto No. 2, Op. 115
- Gerald Finzi – Concerto