It’s been over 4 years since I began Jenny Clarinet, and I’m so happy and humbled by our little clarinet community we’ve created. I’ve gotten many more followers recently, so I thought I’d take a break from clarinet pedagogy and share a few facts about myself so you can get to know me better! (I did this a few years ago, and you can read that here.)
I always enjoy getting to know my fellow clarinetists, so be sure to leave a comment or contact me to introduce yourself!
- I speak English and French, and I’m trying to learn German. I would also like to learn Icelandic and Faroese one day, which brings me to…
- My obsession with the Faroe Islands – I’d love to visit one day. (I’m sure all my friends are sick and tired of me talking about the Faroe Islands by now!)
- My favorite coffee drink is a cortado, but I usually just drink espresso at home.
- My favorite tea is Earl Grey, but I love all highly-caffeinated teas. What can I say? I’m a highly caffeinated person!
- My lucky number is 125.
- I never set my alarms to even or round numbers. For example, instead of setting an alarm for 7:00, I’ll set one for 7:03 or 7:09.
- My secret talent is solving Wheel of Fortune puzzles with very few letters.
- I always stop to pet stray cats. Always. No exceptions.
- I wear sunscreen every single day, and I love doing sheet masks when I have the time.
- There is a scar on my ankle from a reed knife. I dropped a reed, and when I leaned down to pick it up, I cut myself. My reeds were great for a while after that, so I still joke that I made a blood sacrifice to the reed gods.
- Here are a few items I’d like to cross off my bucket list: take a trapeze class and meet Stephen King (although probably not at the same time)
- My favorite ice cream flavor is cookie dough.
- My favorite scent is lavender.
- I’m learning how to play the theremin.
- When I discover something I’m interested in, I become mildly obsessed. Recent obsessions have included theremin, the Faroe Islands, and conspiracy theories.
- I’ve traveled to 30 countries, and I’d love to visit every single country in the world one day.
- I’ve been to cat cafés in 9 different countries, and even a dog café in Canada.
- My favorite places I’ve visited are Estonia, Malta, and the English countryside. (I’m not including France on this list, because it’s obviously my favorite!)
- A few places I’d love to visit (although these change fairly often): Easter Islands, Svalbard, Turkmenistan, Greenland, Russia, and the Dalmatian Coast.
So there you have it! Leave a comment below with a random fact about yourself!