Wow at how the time flies! I can hardly believe another decade is nearly over!
To celebrate another wonderful ten years of clarinetistry, here are ten clarinet concerti written this last decade I’ve enjoyed (arranged alphabetically by composer’s last name):
- Sérgio Azevedo – Clarinet Concerto
- Unsuk Chin – Clarinet Concerto
- David Gompper – Clarinet Concerto (which is an orchestrated expansion of his Traceur for clarinet and piano)
- Rolf Martinsson – Concerto Fantastique
- Óscar Navarro – Clarinet Concerto No. 2
- Joseph Phibbs – Clarinet Concerto
- Kareem Roustom – Clarinet Concerto: Adrift on the Wine-dark Sea
- Kaija Saariaho – D’om le vrai sens
- Frank Ticheli – Concerto for Clarinet and Wind Ensemble
- Michael Torke – East, Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra
What are some of your favorite pieces of clarinet repertoire written during the last decade?