Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are some clari-nerdy pick up lines guaranteed to garner the love of that special someone!
- Are you the Kell 17 Staccato Studies? Because you’ve got me tongue-tied!
- Are you the first movement of the Copland concerto? Because you take my breath away!
- Are you the Nielsen concerto? Because you make my heart beat faster!
- Are you Benny Goodman? Because you make me want to sing, sing, sing!
- Are you a Stravinsky polyrhythm? Because you’re hard to follow!
- Are you a Brahms sonata? Because I can’t get enough of you!
- Are you the Mendelssohn Scherzo? Because I always make a fool of myself around you!
- Are you a handwritten manuscript? Because you’re hard to read!
- Are you the Mozart manuscript? Because you’re one of a kind!
And a few poems if you’re not feeling the love this Valentine’s Day:
Today is a joke,
I’ve got my rosé;
I’d rather spend time
Roses are red
and so is my heart;
Time to go practice
the concerto of Mozart!
I’m sitting in bed,
Eating some chocolate
and dreaming of Brahms.
I finally give up,
after the hours I dwelled;
Practicing long tones
to sound like Mühlfeld.
Roses have thorns,
Why must love hurt?
I’d rather spend
time with Schubert.
K. 622 is the best,
I love it with all my heart;
Nothing will ever compare
to my love for Mozart.
Messiaen is the best,
I wish he was mine;
Until then, I’ll just play
the Quartet for the End of Time.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Comment below with your nerdiest clarinet or musical pick up line!