I’ve had this blog idea for a while, and while I originally meant it to be light-hearted and humourous, there is a great deal of truth in these affirmations. So, I hope these short affirmations help you continue along your clarinet journey.
||: Repeat as often as necessary : ||
- I am more than my reed.
- Squeaks do not define me.
- My musical worth is not tied to what chair I am.
- There is no shame in slow (practicing).
- I am the composer of my musical journey.
- I create my own musical voice – not my equipment.
- I can’t control the outcome, but I can control my resilience and determination.
- I can touch others with my music.
- I can make a change with music.
- Musical mistakes mean progress.
- I bring a unique voice to the clarinet community.
- There is no universal path towards success.
- The clarinet allows me to express myself when words fail.
I hope these make you smile and feel inspired!