Happy New Year!
Find your zodiac sign below to see what musical adventures 2019 has in store for you!
(Disclaimer: These horoscopes were created to be humorous, encouraging, but not to be taken too seriously. After all, my background is in clarinet – not astrology.)
- Capricorn (December 22-January 19) – After overcoming recent obstacles, you’re ready to try new things. Start learning some new repertoire or branch out into different styles!
- Career: Make sure you have an updated CV to avoid any last-minute scrambling during application season.
- Aquarius (January 20-February 18) – This is your year for networking! Don’t be afraid to reach out to friends and colleagues to make new connections – you’ll be rewarded with some interesting performance opportunities.
- Career: Plan a recital in a new city to collaborate with new people and refresh your musical mindset.
- Pisces (February 19-March 20) – Prepare for a busy year ahead! You will face many challenges as you prepare for high-stakes auditions, but don’t lose sight of your goals.
- Career: Take advantage of professional development opportunities offered by local businesses so you can share your talent with a broader circle.
- Aries (March 21-April 19) – Every musician experiences doubt and insecurity, but don’t let yours interfere with your musical goals this year. Practice mindfulness and meditation to de-stress when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Career: Sign up for a class to learn new skills, such as audio editing, Alexander technique, conducting, or anything else you’d like to try.
- Taurus (April 20-May 20) – Your positive attitude will take you far in music this year! Keep smiling, and if the going gets tough, remember why you began music in the first place.
- Career: Maintain motivation by keeping a practice journal and rewarding yourself for achieving smaller milestones.
- Gemini (May 21-June 20) – With a busy schedule of practice and rehearsals, it’s hard to find time to pursue individual projects. Take time this year to complete any projects which have been on your list for a while.
- Career: Attend a music conference to discover new repertoire, meet new colleagues, and revitalize your musical perspective.
- Cancer (June 21-July 22) – You will make an important musical connection this year, so be prepared to make a great impression.
- Career: Organize and catalogue your music library for new repertoire inspiration.
- Leo (July 23-August 22) – Audiences enjoy your outgoing personality onstage, but try to develop your tender side by exploring new musical styles and repertoire.
- Career: Find a mentor to help guide you along your musical journey. You should also consider becoming a mentor yourself!
- Virgo (August 23-September 22) – 2019 is your year to go big! The sky is the limit, so take chances – audition for prestigious festivals or ensembles, schedule recitals, and prepare to shine.
- Career: Revamp your warm-up routine to avoid hitting a musical plateaus and to keep your brain stimulated.
- Libra (September 23-October 22) – You’re not one to take many days off, but you should focus on the mind/body connection this year to reach peak performance mode.
- Career: Schedule a lesson with one of your musical heroes – it will be worth the investment.
- Scorpio (October 23-November 21) – It’s easy to become frustrated and impatient when you don’t see results right away. Make sure you celebrate every small victory this year so you don’t become discouraged.
- Career: Build your private studio by advertising locally and online to recruit new students.
- Sagittarius (November 22-December 21) – Reward yourself for your recent accomplishments and prepare for even bigger achievements this year. You should remain humble but optimistic as your musical journey continues to accelerate.
- Career: New equipment is an investment, but it will pay dividends in your career.