The world can always use more kindness, and musicians can offer a unique type of kindness to others. In addition to using your music as a tool to spread happiness and good cheer, you can also use your platform and community to make someone else’s day a bit brighter.
Here are a few random acts of kindness ideas for musicians:
- Leave a complimentary and encouraging comment on another musician’s video, recording, post or other type of content
- Send a DM to tell someone what their music means to you
- Like, share, retweet, or promote the work of another musician or artist
- Reach out to musicians you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Become a mentor to another musician
- Offer a free lesson to someone who needs it
- Create tutorials and other resources to help other musicians
- Consider supporting another artist on Patreon
- Create a care package to send to another musician or educator
- Make a playlist to share your favorite music with others
- Give a virtual benefit concert and give any donations to a charity or organization of your choice
- Collaborate with other musicians, composers, or artists to enhance each other’s work
- Donate instruments, equipment, accessories, and music to people or programs that could use them
These are just a few ideas to help you spread kindness and positivity. I hope they inspire you to come up with many more ideas for now and the future!