Are you looking for new musical inspiration? Perhaps you have the end-of-year blahs and just need some new repertoire suggestions?
I’m here to help!
Find your birthday below for a warm-up book and repertoire suggestion!
Note: As much as I enjoy Kroepsch, Kell, Rose, Mozart, Brahms, Weber, and other clarinet classics, I tried to include a wide variety of pieces to help you discover new music.
What’s your birth month?
Choose your birth month for a new book to add to your warm-up routine!
- January – Preliminary Exercises & Etudes in Contemporary Techniques by Ronald Caravan
- February – 26 Cadenzas in the Form of Preludes (Vingt-Six Cadences en forme de préludes) by Agostino Gabucci
- March – Style Workout for Solo Clarinet by James Rae
- April – 15 Études by Jeanine Rueff
- May – Repository of Scales and Melodic Patterns by Yusef Lateef
- June – Finger Fitness Études for Clarinet and Auxiliary Clarinets by Kristen Denny-Chambers
- July – 11 Études sur des modes karnatiques by Eugène Bozza
- August – Recreation Studies for Clarinet by Jerome Naulais
- September – 331 Daily Exercises by Auguste Périer
- October – Finger Food – Etudes for Clarinet by Eric P. Mandat
- November – 28 Etudes for Clarinet on the Modes of Olivier Messiaen by Guy Lacour
- December – Advanced Studies for the Clarinet by Victor Polatschek
What’s your birth day?
Choose your birth day for a new piece of repertoire to practice!
- Cinco Bocetos by Roberto Sierra
- The Adventures of Pinocchio by Alberto Guidobaldi
- Elegies by Peter Schickele
- 3 Pieces, Op. 5 by Keiko Fujiie
- Sonata by Margaret Sutherland
- Fantasiestucke, Op. 43 by Niels Gade
- Sonatina by Thomas Wilson
- Deux Pièces by Marie Grandval
- Dear Diary by Gary Schocker
- Cape Cod Files by Paquito D’Rivera
- Sonata by Theodore Gouvy
- Sonatine by Valerie Coleman
- Daley’s Arc by William P. Daley
- Concerto by Jacques Hétu
- Sea Pieces by Richard Faith
- Sonatine by Clyde Duncan
- Concerto by Karol Kurpinski
- Introduction & Variations, Op. 128 by Johann Wenzel Kalliwoda
- Dancing Dinosaurs by Colin Cowles
- From Galloway by James MacMillan
- Related Characters by Barbara Kolb
- Paroles Suite by Dia Succari
- Three Faces of Women by Jeanne E. Shaffer
- Chinese Ancient Dances by Yi Chen
- Gryphon by Theresa Martin
- Mediterranean Preludes by Ivo Petric
- Crack Hammer by Esther Lamneck
- Jewish Suite by Michele Magnani
- Fantasie by Augusta Holmes
- Introduction & Variations on Theme of Schubert by Ferdinand David
- Wild Wood-Quiet Wood by Mary Ann Griebling
I hope this is a fun way to discover new music!