Five years ago today, I published my very first blog post on Jenny Clarinet. Little did I know that this would be the start of a wonderful adventure filled with lots of clarinet, tons of pedagogy, and countless beautiful friendships.
Since 2015, I’ve written quite a few blog posts (hundreds, in fact); I’ve created several Boot Camps; I’ve learned a lot about web design (thanks to everyone who has helped me!); and I’ve done so much more along the way. This is all fine and good, but the greatest part of creating this community is getting to know so many of you.
I love our little clarinet corner of the internet, and I’m so happy to have met so many of you, whether at conferences, on social media, by email, or elsewhere. I am so incredibly thankful for each and every one of you for making the clarinet community a better place and sharing your music, passion, and kindness with me. You, my wonderful clarinet companions, are the reason I can continue combining my two biggest passions – writing and clarinet.
Since this is a milestone event for Jenny clarinet, I thought it only fitting to celebrate with several new features and projects I’ve been working on tirelessly the last several weeks:
- I’ve created a Digital Clarinet Products store! You can now purchase several different Boot Camps specially designed to help you build tone, technique, articulation, musicality, endurance, and other fundamentals. These are different than my free Boot Camps, and I will be adding new Boot Camps regularly to this store. I’m also working on several other digital resources for clarinetists, and I will announce those when they are complete. To celebrate the launch of my Digital Clarinet Products store, I’ve created a discount code for 10% off your entire purchase if you use JENNYCLARINET125 when you check out (coupon code valid until July 1).
- You can now sign up for my email newsletter, the Jenny Clarinet Courier! If you’d like more clarinet content in your life, you can sign up for my newsletter, where I’ll be sharing exclusive content, pedagogy, and other information.
- Jenny Clarinet now offers lesson bundles! If you’re looking for clarinet lessons without a long-term commitment, you can purchase one of my short-term lesson bundles to help you prepare for the important musical events in your life. Lesson bundles include All-State Prep, Recital Ready, Excerpt Advancement, and Practice Audits. (I am still offering regular clarinet lessons online if you would like to study with me for longer.)
- I’m creating a new Boot Camp – for myself (or any other content creators who’d like to participate)! To celebrate 5 years of Jenny Clarinet, I’ve decided to write and publish a new blog post every day in July. I can’t wait to share some of the articles I’ve been researching, and you can follow me on social media for daily stories and updates throughout this blogging boot camp.
- This is my 250th blog post! I’m super proud of this milestone, but also how it coincided with my 5th blogiversary. (I promise I didn’t plan it this way!)
- I’m starting a book club with my dear friend Chase Miller! During my weekly Clarinet Chats on Instagram Live, Chase and I were discussing our shared love of books, and we decided to create a book club for anyone who would like to join. Our first book will be Doug Borwick’s Building Communities, Not Audiences, and we’ll be sharing more specifics next week.
- I’ve added several new Jenny Clarinet website features:
- Translate options: You can now translate every page on Jenny Clarinet into other languages, including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, and several others. Just use the drop-down menu at the top left of your screen.
- Related articles: The bottom of each blog post now includes other articles you might enjoy, presented for your clarinet enjoyment.
- Updated listening page: I’ve added more recent videos for you to listen to, watch, and enjoy on the Listen page.
Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for your continued support, feedback, and encouragement. You are the reason Jenny Clarinet has become what it is today, and I hope we can continue our clarinet journey together for many years to come!