The clarinet is #blessed with a large and varied repertoire of works, from solo pieces to chamber ensemble.
There are several more “serious” works (looking at you Brahms) that are great for recitals, but it’s also nice to balance these with shorter and more lighthearted pieces to use as an encore.
Here are a few fun encore pieces for clarinet:
- Guisganderie by Faustin Jeanjean
- Czardas by Vittorio Monti
- Flight of the Bumblebee by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Clarinet on the Town by Ralph Herman
- Clarinet Candy by Leroy Anderson
- Carnival of Venice by Alamiro Giampieri
- Immer Kleiner by Adolf Schreiner
- Viktor’s Tale by John Williams
- Étude Caprice by Moritz Moszkowski
- Il Convegno for two clarinets by Amilcare Ponchielli
- Clarinet Carousel for two clarinets by David Bennett
Take a well-deserved bow after playing any of these encore pieces!