Another week, another opportunity for me to share some of my favorite clarinet-related things!
This week, I’m sharing some of my favorite articulation exercises. Developing a polished articulation style (both quality and speed) is very important for clarinetists, and here are some of my favorite books to help you in this pursuit:
- Reginald Kell 17 Staccato Studies (also Clarinet Staccato from the Beginning)
- Gustave Langenus “Tonguing Study” from Book Three of Complete Method for the Clarinet (No. 11 – page 22)
- Robert Stark Daily Staccato Exercises
- Randall Cunningham Tongue Twisters
- Fernand Gillet Exercices Sur Les Gammes, Les Intervalles, et Le Staccato Pour Clarinette
- Reiner Wehle Clarinet Fundamentals 1: Sound and Articulation
- Avrahm Galper Tone, Technique, and Staccato
- Allen Sigel Clarinet Articulation
Leave a comment below with your favorite articulation studies or exercises!