Friday Favorites: Scale Studies
This week, I’m sharing a few of my favorite scale books. Since I’m somewhat of a scale fanatic, this was a bit difficult to narrow down!
In my opinion, no practice session is complete without scale studies, and I’ve linked some of the scale books below to exercises, Boot Camps, and Digital Downloads that I’ve created as resources to help you learn these materials.
Without further ado, here are my favorite scale books for clarinetists (listed in no particular order):
- Carl Baermann Complete Method for the Clarinet, Op. 63 (3rd Division)
- Pares Daily Exercises and Scales for Clarinet
- Emile Stiévenard Practical Study of the Scales
- B. Albert 24 Varied Scales and Exercises for Clarinet
- Klosé Scales and Exercises from the Celebrated Method for the Clarinet
- Robert Stark Daily Studies (Scales, Arpeggios, and Intervals) for the Clarinet
- Avrahm Galper Upbeat Scales and Arpeggios
- Gaston Hamelin Gammes et Exercices pour la clarinette
- Vincent Donatelli Daily Exercises for the Clarinet
- Rudolf Jettel The Accomplished Clarinetist (also Preliminary Studies to the Accomplished Clarinetist)
What are your favorite scale studies? Leave a comment below!