What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with one of these beautiful Romances written for the clarinet?
These lyrical pieces were written to evoke tenderness and heartfelt emotion, so whether you perform them on February 14 or year-round, both you and your audience will surely love them. ❤️
Here are some of my favorite Romances for clarinet:
- Romanza from Concerto No. 2 in E-Flat Major, Op. 74 by Carl Maria von Weber
- Romanze from Sonata for clarinet and piano by Francis Poulenc
- Romanze for clarinet and piano by Marie Elisabeth von Sachsen-Meiningen
- Romanze from Die Verschworenen D. 787 by Franz Schubert (for clarinet, voice, and piano)
- Romance in E-Flat Major for clarinet and orchestra/piano by Richard Strauss
- Romanze for clarinet and piano by Michele Mangani
- Romance from Five Bagatelles by Gerald Finzi
- Three Romances for clarinet and piano, Op. 94 by Robert Schumann (these are originally for oboe but sound great on clarinet)
- Romanze Op. 63, No. 14 by Carl Baermann
- Romanze from Concertino, Op. 4 by Ludwig Wiedemann
- 6 Romances, Op. 36 by Reinhold Glière (arr. for clarinet)
Happy Valentine’s Day!